For more than 80 years, the Village of Patchogue has had a stage at the center of our community, the Patchogue Theatre that originally opened in 1923 as Ward & Glynne’s Theater. In its day, the theatre attracted first run feature films, Broadway productions, vaudeville and the best in burlesque. silent films and performances by John Philip Sousa and acts such as The Rose Royal Midgets could also be enjoyed there. All this for the admission price of 40 cents for adults, half price for children.
To read the full history of the Patchogue Theatre, click here...
A vintage postcard of how the theatre looked when it first opened in 1923
Another view circa 1920's.
The theatre as it looks today.
The lobby area.
View from stage looking towards audience.
View looking towards stage.